Online Road Atlas
Since becoming the Franklin
County Engineer in June 2000, Dean C. Ringle, Ohio licensed Professional Engineer
(P.E.) and Professional Surveyor (P.S.), has worked to meet the transportation,
drainage, surveying, and land record needs of Franklin County.
Dean has been a member of the
Franklin County Engineer’s Office since 1981. His professional experience
includes road and bridge design, construction management, surveying, and
cartography for the development of the county road map and atlas.
To meet growing storm water management needs
within the right-of-way of county roadways, the Board of County Commissioners appointed
Dean the Franklin County Drainage Engineer in 2003.
In addition to his government service, Dean has
built a solid reputation in
the engineering and surveying community through his professional associations.
- The Ohio State University: Adjunct Faculty Instructor
(1995-Present) teaching core surveying classes in the College of Engineering
such as History, Boundary Law, Subdivision Design, and Professionalism &
- State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and
Surveyors: Member Emeritus
- Ohio Public Works Commission: Current District 3 Chair
- Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission: Chair
- County Engineers Association of Ohio:
2011 "County Engineer of the Year," Past President, and Committee Member
- Professional Land Surveyors of Ohio: Member, Past President, and
current State Line Committee Chair
- American Congress on Surveying & Mapping: Member (Fellow)
- National Society of Professional Surveyors: Member
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying:
- Institute of Transportation Engineers: Member
- Engineers Club of Columbus: Member and Past
- Ohio National Road Association: Past
Dean is a graduate of The
Ohio State University, having earned Bachelor of Science degrees in Civil
Engineering and Surveying.
Franklin County Surveyors & Engineers