Hamilton Road Construction Information
September 2016 Update: The project is progressing through the middle phase of construction. Continuing work includes pavement construction on Hamilton Road and we are hopeful to make significant progress this fall.
JUNE 22, 2015: This project began June 22, 2015 and will span three construction seasons, wrapping up in the fall of 2017, weather permitting.
Location: Hamilton Road between Rocky Fork Creek and US Route 62/Johnstown Road
• Widening the last section of Hamilton Road in Gahanna from 2 to 4 lanes and adding turn lanes at several intersections.
• Construction of two (2) modern roundabouts - one at the intersection of Hamilton Road at Clark State Road and one at the intersection of Hamilton Road at Northeast School
• Construction of pedestrian crosswalks at the northern and western legs of the roundabouts, which will include rectangular rapid flashing beacons
• Replacement of the bridge on Hamilton Road over Sycamore Run
• Reconstruction of deteriorated pavement along Hamilton Road
• Replacement of old roadside ditches with a more effective curb and gutter drainage system
• Construction of sidewalks on the east side of Hamilton Road
• Construction of a multi-use path to better accommodate pedestrians and bicycles on the west side of Hamilton Road
Contractor: Shelly and Sands, Inc.
Project photos taken September 23:
Project photos taken June 21:
Project photos taken May 4, 2016:
Project photos taken March 31, 2016:
Project photos taken January 7, 2016:
Project photos taken December 11, 2015:
Project photos taken November 2, 2015:
Project photos taken October 15, 2015:
Project photos taken September 16, 2015:
Project photos taken August 28, 2015:
Project photos taken August 3, 2015:
Project photos taken July 6, 2015:
Project photos taken June 23, 2015: